Declaration of Support for the
MILLENNIUM ACCORD PRINCIPLES
subsidiary or affiliate companies listed on the attachment,
support dealing with any millennium problem on the basis
- a millennium problem is a mutual problem not a competitive
- a mutual problem may be solved faster and more
cost-effectively by communication and co-operation rather than confrontation;
- timely dispute prevention is preferable to retrospective
- communication and co-operation enhance timely dispute
- any difference or dispute ought to be resolved without
resort to adjudicative resolution methods ("ARMs" - eg litigation or
arbitration) by using the Millennium Accord Procedure ("the Accord Procedure").
If, however, an Accord Signatory does resort to
ARMs it should immediately initiate the Accord Procedure to run concurrently and, if
feasible, stay the proceedings pending the outcome of the Accord Procedure.
A "millennium problem" is any problem arising out of the failure of
technology systems to cope with the millennium transition, up to, during and beyond the
This declaration is not intended to create legally binding obligations, or to override
any obligations of a professional adviser to its client.
Signed: _________________________ Dated
Director, for and on behalf of
TOP OF PAGE